Saturday, September 23, 2017

Imagine (People are Amazing)

I mentioned previously that I have been slowly reaching out to tell individuals about the news of this bull**** intruder, and I am so embarrassed (because vulnerability is embarrassing to me) and incredibly grateful for everyone's incredibly supportive responses. I hope you all know how much you mean to me, how much your friendship matters, and how much I appreciate you.

Thank you to John, my hero team partner, the loml. With so much right now not going *quite* as planned, our love and relationship so outweighs it all.

Thank you to my sister- and brother-in-law, K. and D. I can't even know how to repay your or to properly show gratitude for everything you are doing for me/us. I did not see communal living as being a part of my life again, but you make it wonderful with your love, humor, our nephew, food, the cats Pepin and Jax and dog Toby, and the shared joys of hanging out in the basement watching Game of Thrones and eating all of the sugar in the house.

Thank you to each of you. Your messages just to let me know you are thinking of me (emojis and texts are absolutely welcomed), your fluffy cat belly fur photos, videos of other people's animals doing amusing or cute things, your smiling babies (bonus for babies + cats, thanks to my dear friend A.!), your calls to rant about your job, your career advice, the people you have connected me with who have shared my experience with cancer, poring over potential pixie cuts and creating Pinterest boards for me, coming with me to get my hair chopped, offering your emotional support day or night, offering rides to appointments, offering to share my news with others so I can take a break, and to everyone who has sent your generous gifts. Thank you, R. and D. for the awesome and delicious reminder of home with the box(!) of sausages from Kramarczuk's! Thanks to my mom for making a trip to visit me, and for sending me delicious homemade/canned tomatoes from her own garden (see photo below).
I am prepping for chemo, and so many friends and family have made it possible for me to walk into it with warm, stylish sweaters (thank you so much, Thompson twins!), several vegan and vegetarian cookbooks (thank you, Aunt B.!), an adorable fish-shaped heating pad (thank you, Aunt L.!), a gift subscription to Popsugar boxes (thank you, K.!), gorgeous and gentle face lotions and masks, and the most comfortable pajama pants ever (thank you, M.!), and cozy smartwool socks, delicious herbal tea, soothing ginger chews, and much more to round out my "chemo bag" (a huge thank you to J.!), and much more that I will be showcasing here as I post about treatment... I have an incredible community of friends and I love and adore you.

Look at these delicious tomatoes about to be made into veggie bolognese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Up (Some Tough News)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been sharing my tough news with individual family members and friends. It can be exhausting, s...