Saturday, September 23, 2017

Statement Hair

My friend J. and I were talking about my hair, and she said, "Trish, you have statement hair. A pixie is a statement." It was then that I knew I would be just fine chopping it off.

I love my hair, and I was sad to think about cutting it, but please know, dear reader, that I did not cry. I was most sad about the fact that I intended to donate the 10 inches to charity, but that somehow got lost amongst the rush of appointments and decisions that needed to be made. Don't judge.

Sometimes people undergoing cancer treatments do not lose all of their hair. It depends on the type of chemo drugs they are prescribed and the duration of their treatment. I do know that I will lose my hair for certain. It will take a few weeks for it to begin, and rather than seeing clumps of hair fall out (not a fun visual, amirite?) I figured I'd get a head (ha!) start on it. I will shave it completely when that becomes a thing. Also, it will take some time to grow out once I am done with treatment, and I wanted to know how that will look. The answer is, of course, FABULOUS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.




Selected quote:
"Trish, you have statement hair. A pixie is a statement." -- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Up (Some Tough News)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been sharing my tough news with individual family members and friends. It can be exhausting, s...