Saturday, September 23, 2017

How You Can Help

Some people have asked how they can help, and the answer is-- send your love, however suits you. Be you.

Communicate
Text, Snapchat, email, snail mail-- but please do communicate. No need to stress about saying the right thing or worrying about getting me at the right time (I put my phone on Do Not Disturb if I’m sleeping). And please. You can still tell me all about your problems. It’s often a welcome distraction!
I am especially fond of pictures of your children, your pets or animals in general, random amusing observances throughout your day...
If you are in the D.C. area, I am also free for lunches, brunches, dinners, etc. so please do reach out.

Contribute
You are welcome to contribute in my name to Triple Negative Breast Cancer research here.  

Come to Chemo
Come to chemo with me! I swear it will be fun (not really, I have heard it is mostly boring and chilly). But we can use the time to catch up, look at terrible television or magazines, play games to help combat "chemo brain", or do actual work because there is free wifi available. These will take place on Fridays, from about 10:00am-2:00pm. If this seems like something you’d be interested in, message me to learn more.

Calendar
I have a Google calendar set up with all of my appointments. If you would like to be added, message me. (Note: This calendar is called "Khaleesi," which if you are not aware is a Game of Thrones reference and is intended to channel this character's brave, unburnt, do-gooder style of leadership. And really, I am not going to call it "cancer calendar." No.)


Selected quote:
"Well. Maybe you'll get a new set of perky boobs!" --M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Up (Some Tough News)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been sharing my tough news with individual family members and friends. It can be exhausting, s...