Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Surgery is Friday, April 13th

In case I have not properly updated you, please know that my surgery was moved from April 11th (today) to April 13th (Friday). It was only moved due to a scheduling issue, so no big deal. It is scheduled for 8:00am and will take approximately 4 hours. I will spend one night overnight in the hospital, and recovery will be a week or so. 

I am not superstitious about Friday the 13th; in fact, if I think of it at all, I believe that I have had some amazing days on Friday the 13th(s?). Some people have shared that 13 is considered a lucky number in some cultures; I too have heard this, but I have zero information to back that up. Thus I present you this HuffPo article all about the significance of the number 13 and of Friday itself. I just Googled it now.

"Friday the 13th is ultimately the celebration of the lives and loves of Lady Luck. On this, Her doubly-dedicated day, let us consider what fortuitous coincidences constitute our fate. The lucky blend of just the right conditions, chemistries, elements, and energies that comprise our universe. The way it all works. The way we are. That we are at all.
That, despite whatever major or minor matters we might think are unlucky, we have somehow managed to remain alive and aware. This Friday the 13th, let us stand in full consciousness of the miraculousness of existence and count our blessings. Thank Goddess! Knock on wood!"

Bring on all the black kitties.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Up (Some Tough News)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been sharing my tough news with individual family members and friends. It can be exhausting, s...