Saturday, October 7, 2017

Daily Dance Party Jams

I have begun incorporating a daily dance party into my life routine. It typically occurs in the morning, post lemon-water and green tea ritual and email/news roundup. It consists of just one song in which I dance my ass off-- I am fully aware that it is super ridiculous and I love it. The pets find it intriguing and perhaps a bit frightening. Sometimes people join me, if they are around (so far this has been John and Cousin Kate).

I recently watched the Lady Gaga documentary on Netflix, so my songs have been pretty much exclusive to her body of work. I also keep a record of them in my Symptoms Notebook, a small moleskin where I record everything about me on the daily, like temperature, food, and of course, symptoms).

This past week's song list: 
Monday-- Lady Gaga, Let's Dance
Tuesday-- Lady Gaga, Bad Romance
Wednesday-- I missed it, because I was getting ready for my photo shoot (seriously) that friend K. gifted to me. More on this later!
Thursday-- Robyn, Fembot
Friday-- Lady Gaga, PokerFace

What songs would you recommend for Dance Party? 

9 comments:

  1. Love Robyn! DM me with your address and I'll work up a dance mix for you! It may take a month or so, but I'll do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, this is an amazing offer, especially from your vast music knowledge and library! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. You can use my Spotify playlist "Josh's Playlist 2017" (I know...not creative). As you can imagine, I have tons of dance songs on it. You should start with my favorite: it's Not Right But It's Okay - Thunderpuss Remix. You should also check out Aaron Hulse's Spotify playlist: Gay Dance Party Friday. It's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will survive, Dancing Queen, Proud Mary all good dance songs!! Glad to see you are still doing well with the chemo. Just had it pop up in my memories being mom's chemo buddy five years ago. It helps to laugh and smile so if a dance party does it, a dance party you need!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like iTunes album "workout motivation 2017". Its for all the 2017 pop songs remixes. Great to dance to. Also -Taylor Swifts new look what you made me do and Cardi Bs Bosak Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check those all out-- I've been meaning to check Cardi B out for sure! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Recommendation: Wild Ones (feat. Sia) also SIA! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

What's Up (Some Tough News)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been sharing my tough news with individual family members and friends. It can be exhausting, s...